Friday, July 13, 2007

My Visitors....


For my last few days of Egypt I had my first two visitors coming in from the States. My Mom and my cousin Sarah came over to see what Egypt was all about (and possibly to check out some of the cool sites).

There visit was pretty crazy. The first day we saw a lot of pyramids, including Saqqarra and the pyramids of Giza, as well as the Sphinx. Then we went to the Egyptian Museum for the afternoon (ahhh.....air conditioning). Mom was looking a bit pink and possibly starting to overheat, so we then went back to my place for the night. We had to get up early the next day to start our cruise because we had to fly to Abu Simbel (see picture above).

The cruise was a blast and I would just like to thank my friend Abi for helping me set that up. We were on a nice boat and we were able to see a ton of sites:

The Philae Temple

Kom Ombo

Edfu

Karnak Temple

and the Luxor Temple

After a few days of the ship, we took a flight back to Cairo late one night. This gave us two full days in the city before they had to head back to the States. So we met up with my friend Reham and we took them to experience Khan-al-khalili market one day and then we took a felucca ride the next night as a final good bye.
I hope they enjoyed their time here and I hope that if you are at least interested in seeing these things, go to Egypt and see them. The people are very friendly and willing to help you out with any problems that you may have (if you need it ;-)







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was an amazing time. I have to thank you for saving that trip to share with Sarah and I. It's really hard to imagine the pyramids, tombs, mummies, temples and the carvings until you see them. It leaves you speechless. I now understand what you said about how everyone should visit another country. The people were very kind. I have told everyone they should not hesitate to visit there. You made some wonderful friends while you were there. Now it's time for the next chapter.
AML

Anonymous said...

Hey, Bill,

You have the magic touch - your mom came back so "content" - the vacation was great for her. She got her "Bill" fix. :) It has been a delight to hear her stories about where she went with you and Sarah. She has a gift to share her experiences so that you feel you were actually there with her! I look forward to your next trip. Enjoy this amazing time in your life.

Take care,

Anonymous said...

Your mom showed me the pictures she has with her. They are great. She has the biggest smile when telling me about them. My only complaint is that there is not one of her riding the camel. Hope you are enjoying your vacation around home. Good luck with the Venezuela.