Wednesday, August 08, 2007

My First Venezuelan Night.....

Well....I´ve made it! I´m currently sitting in a tight little Internet cafe in Anaco. I don´t have a computer yet, so postings will be infrequent until my Mac gets here (sorry about that) and I don´t have a cell phone yet either, so you´ll have to wait to contact me.

The first impressions are interesting. I was greeted by a beautiful storm last night and the lightning was quite impressive. I arrived at my house and the door was left open for waaaay to long, which meant I had to sleep with my sheet over my head to protect myself from all the mosquitos. Then this morning I had a battle with a bunch of ants trying to come in through the opening near one of my ACs. It was a lot of fun.

The people here seem pretty friendly and all the teachers at school are great. I´d love to post more, but we are here to get some supplies before heading back to school.

God Bless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bill,

Glad to hear you arrived safely for your next adventure. Can't wait to read all about it. Hope all is going well.

Jude and Stu

Anonymous said...

Time for some RAID and a screen door!
DAD