Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My Day of Days......

ah May 21st.....this truly is one of my favorite days of the year!

I'm in a great mood and very excited for today. Very, Very early this morning, the State of Origin Series kicked off in Sydney with the cursed Blues defeating Queensland 18-4. Luckily there will be two more matches, so hopefully Queensland will pull it out.

Then.....there's the big one:

Live from Moscow, the biggest event of the football season kicks off this afternoon (roughly 2:30 pm EST--on ESPN in the States!).

If the European Championships weren't this summer, this would easily be the biggest sporting even in Europe this year. EASILY. Hundreds of millions of people watch this game and not because of the commercials (which are very few), but because they either actually like the teams or because it is to crown the champion of club football in Europe.

I'm psyched for the game, although sadly I have to give a presentation on the Inkas at kickoff (but I'll have it on the bottom of my screen--thanks to Soccernet.com).

To be honest, I highly suggest you check it out....even if you're not a footy fan. The atmosphere should be amazing and to even hear the fans singing and chanting at the stadium should be a site to see. If you want to follow it at work (like me!) you can do one of two things:

http://www.soccernet.com/ They will have a little match center that will allow you to track the game as it goes.

http://www.espn.go.com/ ESPN is showing the game live on ESPN360-where they often show different games throughout the year and they showed a lot of World Cup games here back in 2006 and it worked very well.

As for my prediction, I'm a Red Devil, so I'm looking for Man U to win, 2-1. Chelsea is a good team though, so don't be surprised if they win it.

Before I go, I thought I'd share one of my favorite pictures from last year's final when AC Milan defeated Liverpool:


This is Kaka, the 2007 World Player of the Year and the stud for AC Milan. After his team won the title last year, he took off his shirt, dropped to his knees and gave thanks.

3 comments:

emily said...

whoah! 2 blog posts in a week! wow! good job!

Roster said...

It was a great game... right up until the end. I know, I know. That's what I get for being a fan of the boys in blue...

Anonymous said...

Since the "blues" were cursed you don't need to tell us who YOU favored.
DAD