Sunday, June 11, 2006

My Weekend of Bliss......

....began early Saturday morning. Since the World Cup began, I had watched zero of the matches, but I more than made up for it this weekend. I watched a poor performance by England as they barely beat Paraguay. Then I met up with my Mom and a friend of hers to watch the Trinidad & Tobago vs. Sweden game. It was awesome!!! Best game of the Cup so far, and it ended in a 0-0 tie!! I couldn't believe T&T held on. Finally the soccer day ended with Argentina beating Ivory Coast 2-1.

Today was more of the same. I woke up early to see Netherlands beat Serbia & Montenegro, which is funny because Montenegro declared independence from Serbia, so now what do we call them? Also does this mean the Montenegrin on the team have to leave? (although there are only two of them).
I then watched the other two games of the day (Mexico beat Iran and Portugal edged Angola).

Where is this leading to you may ask??? Well, the tournament for me and my Aussie friends really begins tomorrow. Australia opens the day playing Japan and then, the big one, The US plays Czech Republic. I'm so excited!!!! Sadly, I can't watch it due to Wildlife Camp, so I have a friend that is going to text message me the score. So if there is a scream of joy in Iowa City around noon tomorrow, that's me. (If it's a scream of anger....good chance that's me too).

No comments: