Saturday, May 19, 2007

My Lengthy Absence.....

Greetings to friends, family and folks that just happen to drop by!

First off, sorry for the long delay in writing. To be honest, it's been a bit busy here in Cairo. The school year is winding down and I'm working with my 3rd graders on our production for the annual show. We have around 4 weeks until we perform, so hopefully all will go well.

I'm also trying to find a job! I applied to a few districts in the Des Moines area (Waukee and West Des Moines). So if anyone out there knows a principal in Waukee or at Clive Elementary or Westridge Elementary in West Des Moines, put in a good word for me!! (Please?)

I've also contacted a few other schools about a teaching post for next year. To be honest, the job hunt is a little frustrating, especially when you are doing it from another continent. It's difficult to get all the paperwork turned in and to have ANYONE actually take notice of you. Good Times.

Other than that, I've just been hanging out here. The weather has become extremely warm (borderline hot if you will). It was so warm today that I had to let the cold water run in the shower for a while before I got in.....it was hot!

Alright, more to come later. I hope all is well. God Bless.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Bill,

Have faith...the Lord takes care of the sparrow...He will certainly take of BILL FLINN...I will certainly pass along to Johnny the schools that you are applying at. I do know that he knows the new Bondurant Superintendent so keep your eye out if anything opens up there..but other than that I don't have a clue...

TLT

Anonymous said...

I will pass this on to all of the teachers I know. It's funny how things can be so frustrating, but in the end it all falls into place. I agree with TLT. Miss ya.

AML

Anonymous said...

Bill have you tried using your ePortfolio?