Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My Search.....

My job search for the upcoming school year is in full swing and the answers that I'm receiving are roughly the same:

"Sorry, but we need more experience."

"Actually, we're almost done with the interview process."

"No."

And my personal favorite:

....................... (the no response....awesome)


To be honest, as I said before, it has become a bit frustrating. I know that God has a plan and that what He wants is what will happen, but it's just the waiting that is disheartening. Possibly the spot that He wants me in isn't open yet.....possibly I'm supposed to sub for a year......possibly I'm supposed to end up in Guam, where I'll learn a life-long lesson or meet a life-long friend or have an impact on one specific student. Perhaps I'm supposed to learn the lesson that schools start doing interviews in Jan and Feb for the following school year (learned that the hard way).

I've told Him that I'm prepared to go anywhere (and I mean anywhere) that He wants to send me with this thingy called an Elementary Education Certification. So far it has put me on three continents in the past year and possibly a fourth next year....who knows.

It's times like these that my faith is truly tested. I know that He'll take care of me and that I'll be okay wherever I end up.......but can't I just know now??? : )

Here are the recent results:
Woodward Granger-No, (filled)
5th Grade in WDM--No, (filled)
Waukee------No, (almost done with interview process)
Japan------No, (lack of experience)
5th Grade in KY----No, (filled)
Aruba-----No, (lack of experience)
Venezuela------........
2nd Grade Clive---........


I have recently applied to schools in Quito, Ecuador and Hong Kong and I'm continuing to watch for openings around the DM area (however many schools do not have vacancies). I may have to expand the search to other areas in the States that I would consider moving to, which might not be a bad thing to be honest.

All-in-all, my faith continues to hold strong and knowing that He is in control is what gets me through times like these, especially when the unknown lies ahead.

I hope all is well, wherever you are,
God Bless

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had some great words of wisdom, but I think you really said it all. Keep the faith - there is a plan - you will be OK. Patience is so hard. Miss ya.

AML

Anonymous said...

Bill, God will show you the way. Just take a step back and ask him what it is that you are supposed to be looking at. Just remember which states are better in the schools.
It may be that your mom just needs another place to come and visit. Every place you go, you make friends and change people's lives forever, for knowing the man that you are.
Then maybe you may need a year off to rest from all this worldly travels you've been taking.
Maybe what I was reading today will give you something to think about. This week: God is our security; Trusting in God's promises.
I bow before your holy Temple as I worship. I will give thanks to your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness, because your promises are backed by all the honor of your name. Psalm 138:2
God makes a promise, faith believes it, hope anticipates it, patience quietly awaits it. Unknown
Take care.

emily said...

ummm...what about Austin?!!?

Angie said...

apply here.

seriously.

i know the principals of 2 american schools, each have tons of openings.

seriously.

michelle said...

This is really weird, but I randomly came across your blog and I am a teacher in WDM. I know how frustrating it is finding ANY teaching job, let alone your first one. This is only my 3rd year teaching, so I don't have very many "insider tips" BUT I do know from experience that it might be a good idea for you to also think about applying to parochial schools. Oftentimes they are pretty desperate for applicants... I taught in a catholic school for two years and it not only gave me great teaching experience, but brought me closer to God.

OK, I will stop my ramblings now...

Michelle : )

PS- I am totally jealous of your international travels / teaching experience! : )

Anonymous said...

Amy has been looking at teaching jobs....I'll have her keep an eye out for you

Grant

Anonymous said...

Continue your Faith, in God. I agree with Margaret (and I do not even know her) take a step back and ask God where he would like you to apply. It is always in God's timing and not our own. Maybe he is trying to strength your patience?

Don't forget about Iowa City....

Deb