Monday, October 08, 2007

My Beat-down.....

I'm tired....we're all tired. I don't really know how else to put it. It seems that over these past two weeks, we've all been run ragged. All of us really. It's almost as if we are a unit of soldiers, repelling wave after wave of attacks......but we're short-handed. Some of our crew have left, others have been wounded or sick at times and some just disappear, right when you need them most.

Luckily, we've all pulled through. Everyone has played their part and filled in where needed. Some have battled through illness, others fatigue and still others have fought through the frustration. All we need are some reinforcements....two or three, heck, even one would be a blessing right now.

Luckily one is coming......one. Just having that one will free up so many others. Maybe some of our crew can rest........

soon.

God Bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you know how soldiers feel as they trudge along trying to do their jobs, tired, short handed, no end in sight, and maybe just one replacement coming to help out. Hang in there it can only get better.
DAD

Anonymous said...

Dear Bill,

When I read your blog all I can think is how honest you are and how wonderful that you can do that so publically. There are not many young men that are willing to bare their soul as you have done in your blog. When I read this it made me wish that I could get my hands on something I was given during a class on during my time overseas. It is called the Phases of Mobilization. At first you are excited about the challenge, etc., then you hit this wall and realize that you can't work your way through, and there are several more phases. Your blog reminded me that maybe you are at the phase where you were trying to work your way through and add to the fact that you are short staffed makes it worse! Someone very near and dear to me gave me a bible verse to help me through my year - Joshua 1:9 "Be strong and courageous...do not be discouraged..." Bill, you have no idea how much that specific verse touched me and got me through some pretty tough times...now I return the blessing back to you. I have no doubt you will do anything but succeed. :) There are so many of us that are PROUD of you and the choices that you are making in your life. You continue to be an example for us. This challenge in your life will make you even stronger! Keep us informed with how everything is going and we will pray for some relief for you and your coworkers! Bless you all.