Thursday, October 04, 2007

My Fun Experiment.....

You may not have heard, but something really cool happens when you drop a sleeve of Mentos into a 2 liter of pop. My students brought it to my attention and since I was wanting an experiment for science class, we decided to try it today. Here's what happens:




How cool is that!?!?

I know, now we need a brief explanation. According to Steve Spangler science, what happens is the carbon dioxide in the bottle (put there when the bottle was bottled) attaches itself to the Mentos when you drop them in, forming bubbles on the tiny pits that are on each Mento. The Mentos sink to the bottom and when the gas is released, it pushes the liquid up and out of the bottle. I'm not going to lie....it was a lot of fun.

I hope things are great wherever you are!

God Bless....

4 comments:

emily said...

that was pretty sweet!! I really want to try it! I'm glad you got out of the way in time...coke in the eye probably wouldn't feel to good! Loved the reactions of everyone!

Anonymous said...

Loved it! It was great to see the kids stand way back, and nice to hear your voice. I showed it to one of the guys here at work that has five kids. I told him he needs to go home and show his kids. For some strange reason he did not agree with me. He wanted me to try it here at work first. I really don't think some of the people here would enjoy it.
AML

Anonymous said...

Veeerrrrryyyyyyy Interesting!!!!
DAD

Anonymous said...

Hey Bill!
I am a fan of the post. I also caught up with some of the posts I had missed. You do a great job of blogging, it fun to read. Keep up the good work. Talk to you soon.
Mike