Sunday, January 29, 2006

Up to my ears...

Currently listening to.....Mike Shonoda...I think, it's one of the Linkin Park guys from a CD my buddy Brad made me. It's amazing. He has a song about Manzanaar, the Japanese internment Camp in the US during WWII. Apparently his grandparents and his father were there....great song. It would be good to play during a WWII unit....

I'm up to my ears in planning, papers and grading. I'm attempting to create a unit based around the idea of "Community" for my 3rd graders and it is very difficult. I have to plan roughly 20 days of lessons and they can't be simple little time fillers. I'm finding that I have to really plan this out right and incorporate a variety of activities to keep the students interested and to make it a good unit. Pile all this on top of applying to a couple of other schools and the job fair up at UNI at the end of this week and I'm a busy boy.

Speaking of job fair, I've emailed two more schools about their vacancies. I'm hoping to hear from a school in Egypt and Myanmar soon. I may have applied to a third, but to be honest I can't really recall. I've looked at so many schools and I've applied to so many that it's mind-boggling. I almost applied to the same school again today, without realizing it. I don't even remember if I've applied to this school, but maybe I have. I know I've checked out their website. Oh well, I'll talk to them up there.

I'll try to keep everyone posted....eventually.
God Bless,
Bill

No comments: