Monday, February 27, 2006

Busy, Busy

I leave approximately two weeks from today (Monday) and I'm getting very excited. I still don't have a place to stay yet, but I've emailed the deputy principal at Morningside and I asked her if there are any hotels/hostels or rentals in the area that I could stay at, at least until my housing is set up. Hopefully I'll find out soon. I'm having a lot of trouble trying to find anything on the web. I can barely find Morningside, let alone a hotel there!!

I've been pretty busy the last couple of days. I'm trying to get everything out of my apartment in Iowa City before I leave, which is no small task. For now everything is getting moved into my Mom's place back in Des Moines (thanks mom) and that is where it will stay for a while. Don't worry though, Dustin (aka the Pocket Diesel) is taking some of it when he moves into his new place, so it won't be that big of a burden for her.
I'm also in my second full week of head teaching at Prairie View. It's a lot of fun and I'm excited to get to do this for the rest of my life (or at least the next 30 years or so). I'm enjoying the time I spend with the students and the relationships that we are developing. It's truly an amazing experience, although not at the stage that I have with my students at Lemme (but I was there a lot longer).

Speaking of Lemme, I'm sad to say that my last day there will be the 10th of March. I was hesitant to do this and to be honest, I'm pretty sad about it. I really have enjoyed the last three years that I spent with those buggers. I know that I'm going to cry a ton when I leave and that day is going to be really hard. They've taught me so much and prepared me for teaching.

On a happier note, it's great to see people leaving comments. Thank you so much for checking out the site. I'm going to try and update it more when I'm in Australia and Egypt, since I won't exactly be a phone call away!!

God Bless,
--Bill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was in the basement last night. There is still plenty of room. And, we still have the garage. It's always sad to leave, but, just think of the new friends you'll get. I'm very excited for you - next year will be such an adventure. AML.