Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Finally......

Well, it's finally happened. My placement for Australia has gone through!!! I'm headed for the land Downunda! I can't truly tell you how excited I am. I just got off the phone with the Deputy Principal, and she sounded so nice.
I've been placed in one of the suburbs of Brisbane, Morningside. I'll be at the Morningside State School starting on March 22nd. At first I was going to be with younger students (ages 7-9) but after talking to her, she might put me with older students (where my interest lies). They might put me in a couple different classrooms, which would be really cool. She said they are doing a lot of great things in their classes right now so it should be interesting.
The one drawback is that they don't have a place for me to stay yet. So as of right now, I may have to find a cheap hotel in/near Morningside. I was told they are working on it, so I'll just have faith and assume it will get taken care of.
I'm so excited!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found Morningside on Mapquest. It looks like it's a little SE of Brisbane. I'm very excited and happy for you. And you are so right. It will all work out. AML.

William Flinn said...

Good to see that Team Slamdance is doing well. Hopefully I'll get to see at least one game!! As for Dad's comment, I've looked at Hotels in/around Brisbane, not too bad, but not the cheapest in the world either!