Wednesday, July 05, 2006

My 4th

Wow, I couldn't believe how long it's been since I've written on this thing, but alas, for all of you (I mean both of you) that missed my rants...I have returned.

Yesterday was the 4th of July, a day all Americans look forward to because not only do we get a day off work, we also get to watch fireworks, grill out and enjoy the company of our friends while celebrating our independence.

I enjoyed most of those yesterday, except for the part about fireworks. I was called a Communist and harassed many times because, to be honest, I'm not really a big fan of fireworks. Yes, they're loud. Yes, they're bright. But that's about it. Truth be told, if I don't get to watch someone light it and if there isn't a high percentage of someone losing a digit (I'm talking a 50-75% chance) then I'm not interested. Not to mention how does this make me Communist?

After enjoying a great BBQ with some friends, I went out to Lake McBride with my friend Rachel and we went on a little hike to the spillway. We took off our shoes and wandered around the streams. It was pretty sweet until we found the leeches on my feet. I had like a dozen and she had zero. What's that all about???

Next we went to the Raptor Center, which is also at the Park. That was fun.

After that, why not finish the night with a little viewing of Pirates of the Caribbean?? I would have to say that Jack Sparrow is one of my all-time favorite movie characters. Savvy.

Great day/night and I didn't even watch fireworks. How good is that?

Bill

1 comment:

William Flinn said...

Mike seems to blame video games for my lack of firework enjoyment. Maybe next year I will throw a Big Mac and a frap in the air on the 4th.