Sunday, July 09, 2006

My healing....

Well, by the time anyone actually reads this, the World Cup will be over. As I'm typing it, France and Italy are taking the penalty kicks to decide the champion of the world. It is hard to talk about this game and not mention what Zidane did. The last game of his career and he's jawing with another player. The Italian must have hit a nerve, because Zidane head-butted him right in the chest. Granted, the Italian dropped as though he had just been shot, but such a move is uncalled for and the red card was deserved. It's sad that one of the best players in our generation has his international career end like that, but it's his own fault.

To be honest, France deserved to win the game. They were the more attacking side for most of the game and it's sad that it has to come down to PKs. Someone will be a hero and someone will be a goat.

I'm curious now as to what I'm going to do with my weekends. All I've been doing is watching soccer for the last month. I may actually have to leave my apartment!!!

Sangol has to hit this PK for France to stay alive......got it. Now it comes down to one PK......Grosso, for the World Cup and hero status in Italy.....Got it. Italy wins. Now we have to hear about how good Italy is for four years....that sucks.

Well, it was a good PK shootout. In the PKs, the advantage is always with the shooter. He should know where he's going to put it and he should make it. Sadly, it came down to one French player missing and everyone else made it. Too bad.

God Bless,
Bill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bill,
I can not beleive that Italy won the world cup. Australia should have knocked them out in the second round.

Now that it's all over I will have to find a life and stop watching soccer at all hours of the night.

The head butt was one of the dumbest things I have seen in this cup. The way Italy like to dive the red card was the only thing that was going to occur.
Stuart