Monday, July 24, 2006

My last week....

Okay, okay, so it's been a while since I posted anything. I'm still a bit upset about the whole Italy thing, but oh well. I just realized this weekend how little time I had left not only in Iowa City, but in Iowa as well.

For those of you that don't know me as well, I'm terrible at good-byes. I don't like to see other people cry, because then in turn I will probably start as well. I said adios to some friends last night and I almost got misty eyed. I still have one week left in Iowa City too!

It's a strange feeling, leaving a place that has been your home for the past 8 years. I've truly come to love Iowa City and see it as my home. I've made some friends that mean a lot to me, who I will really miss hanging out with at Friday night concerts, South of 80 gigs, Trivial Pursuit, Whiteys, Pancheros, UI Football/basketball games, Lemme, Disney reunions and Parkview, just to name a few.

This next week is going to be busy, trying to fit everything/one in. I will probably be heading back to Des Moines around the 1st of August, where I'll hang out with some friends and Agnes (my mom) for the last two weeks. Is it really that far away?

God Bless,
Bill

4 comments:

Unknown said...

heartless!!
i'm sad to see you go, sir, but know great things are in store.
thanks for being a good, constant friend in my life. you are special to me! :) have a superduper last week in IC, and keep us all posted on your adventures and escapades.

Anonymous said...

The being busy makes things a little easier, you don't have as much time to think about it. It's always hard to leave - but - what a joy to come home. And, your true friends will be with you forever. You will also have wonderful new ones like you found in Australia. It's another adventure. I just wonder what country will be next?

AML

Anonymous said...

please keep your blog up to date as I will check in. I am not good about writing but alway look forward to what you are up to. Good Luck in Egypt!!!!
Deb

Anonymous said...

As a disney, parkview and pagliai's friend I will miss you. I admire you for having the faith and courage to pursue your dreams. Your mom is right, we will always be here for you, whether you live in Iowa or Egypt. Have a safe journey and keep us up to date!! My whole family says good luck! Kandi, Kevin, Kailey, Jordan and Jacob