Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Southern Snow Day

You're not going to believe it.....seriously, you're not.

Today....we had a snow day!

It's been crazy. Rumors are that it snowed between 2-4 inches last night and then today we've had sleet mixed with rain all day. I couldn't believe what I heard on TV when they said we could, could get another 3 inches! Could that mean a snow day tomorrow?? : )

The problem with snow and bad weather in general down here, is that Kentuckians have NO IDEA how to drive in this type of weather. First, because they never drive in it and secondly, because all bad weather causes them problems. It drives me nuts to be folllowing someone at 5 mph down the road when the road isn't that bad. Earlier today I was following this Pontiac Vibe that was seriously going 5 mph!!! I was so frustrated. I nearly honked the horn, but then remembered that they don't get weather like this often....so I had to just deal with it while the driver figured it out. (although it was awesome to fly past everyone on the main road-in the lane that wasn't cleared yet. Hilarious!

God bless!

No comments: