Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Brisbane

Well, I'm in Brisbane. I'm staying in a little hotel about 1 km from the city center (CBD). It's not a bad walk at all. The city is pretty interesting, some places are a little dirty and then you come to this huge garden area along the river that is beautiful. It's an odd mix.

Tomorrow I'm going to visit my school and possibly beg one more time for a place to live. If that doesn't work, I'm going to use my cell phone to call some churches and try that route.

If you want to give me a ring some time feel free. Here's my cell number:

011-61-0448-936-674

If you dial in that order, you should be able to reach me. WARNING- I'm 16 hours ahead of you in time, so please, do the math and don't call me when it's 2 am here. I'll be asleep.

Cheers,
Bill

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have your phone. I'm also glad you went early so you could check things out before you start teaching. I hope you have fun when you visit the school. And, I hope you find a church you like as much as the one in Iowa City.

AML

Anonymous said...

Bill,
I did some searching and this may be helpful. You might want your dad to log on here and register to see if there might be some worthwhile places:

http://www.globalfreeloaders.com/memberlocations.php?city=brisbane&code=AS-04-106543

Mark Ganzeveld

Anonymous said...

Here is another one:

http://www.homestayexperience.com/

Hope this helps! If not, I can still mail you my two room tent. It has lots of space inside and out. The heating and cooling costs are included. The downside is there are no phone or DSL hookups.

Mark

William Flinn said...

Thanks Mark, I like the idea of heating and cooling costs included. It was around 30 degrees here today. I'm sweating like crazy!! I've even had to start putting sun tan lotion on the head, so I don't burn it. I'll try the websites when I have a little more time--I have to pay to use the computer at the hotel. Good times.