Saturday, March 25, 2006

It's been a while....

It's been a while since I was last able to post anything or even check my email. I finally did last night and again today at my CTs house. First off, thank you for your thoughts and prayers as I have finally found a place to stay. I'm staying with my CTs neighbor John, a great guy that is fixing up his basement. I'm staying in one of the rooms in the basement and I have my own bathroom/shower and a little hang out area. He's pretty cool and he really enjoys being out in nature, so he's going to take me on a bushwalk tomorrow. I think we're going to go and see a waterfall and some other cool things, so that should be fun.

I've had some requests for pictures and I just talked to a guy that works in the arcade I usually check my email at. He said that I can post them using these computers, so once I load them onto my flash drive (assuming I brought that) I should be able to put up some pictures of Australia. I'm only in one of them (since I'm usually traveling solo at this point) but there will be some great pics of the countryside and maybe a kangaroo (a very tame one).

I've started working in the school here. The room is a little small and pretty tight with 24 students, a teacher and me all packed inside. We are connected to another room where Jude (my other CT) and her class are. There are some challenging kids, but you have those at every school, so it should be fun.

Our Easter break is coming up soon and I'm trying to plan a trip up to the Whitsunday Islands with a girl that goes to Iowa. She's student teaching in Canberra, down in Southeastern Australia. If I can find a cheap flight, it should be fun. We'd check out the Great Barrier Reef and some other things.

Well, I hope all is going well for all of you. I miss you all and I'll try to get some pictures up soon, but in the meantime I'm just livin' the dream.

Bill

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will be great to see pictures. Glad you found a place to live. How are you holding up to the heat?

Susie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have a place to stay and things are going well. It'll be great to see the pictures. Please have fun and enjoy.

AML

Anonymous said...

I am glad you found a place, I was praying that would work out for you. Does the new pad have A/C? Hope your having a good time!

William Flinn said...

A/C...ha ha ha, Mike you're hilarious. No Air Conditioning at my place, just lots of fans and a nice breeze!