Friday, October 06, 2006

My Second week....

It has been a while since I last posted, so I put up two new experiences for you to check out and even a couple of pictures.

The second week of school has come and gone and it's going a little smoother. The students are beginning to understand my expectations of them and how to behave in the classroom, especially when I'm there. The only real issue is that we continue to have to bounce from room to room to see our classes. This wouldn't be that big of an issue, but when the teacher that is supposed to replace you shows up late (sometimes up to 20 minutes late) it puts you in a bit of a bad mood. Especially since time is limited anyways due to the Ramadan schedule.

I'm also trying to add a new link on here for those of you that want to check it out (probably only Jenna, but the rest of you can too). It is from a group of teachers here that are in a writing club and they have just started a blog to display some of their works. Check it out, leave a comment and enjoy the show.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the second week went better. I hope each one improves.

AML

Unknown said...

sweet stuff, dude! glad you posted again. i will check out that site post-haste :)

Anonymous said...

wow, what fun experiences although they sound a little scary to this sheltered girl! I love the way you immerse yourself in the culture - thats the way to do it!! Glad the teaching is going more smoothly - it will keep evening out! kandi

Anonymous said...

The first few weeks are hectic for any new teacher. I can just imagine compiling that with a different culture on top of that! Keep working on it and don't give in. Behavior and procedures come first. You will do just fine. I've seen you do it!

Mark Ganzeveld

Anonymous said...

I did check out the writing. Nice job! Keep up the good work.
Deb K