Tuesday, April 17, 2007

My First Sandstorm.....

So we've experienced a lot of wind here before and definitely enough to have a layer of dust in the apartment, but today was the worst so far.

I should have known something was going to happen this morning when it was extremely cloudy, but I didn't think anything of it. I left the windows open in the kitchen, dining room and one other window in the entry, thinking that it would allow the apartment to stay cool.

A few hours later, I was changing classes at school when one of the teachers came in and asked me why I still had the windows open.....I had yet to notice that there was sand blowing everywhere outside. We can usually see beyond the school wall and all the way to some buildings that are pretty far away, but they weren't there. To be honest, I couldn't see another building that was a hundred yards away.

Suddenly, I got really excited when I realized what was going on. The wind was so strong that it had blown over one of the trees on our way home. It even knocked down some of the signs that were on the road. Awesome.

When we got home, there was a nice thick layer of dust over everything. If only I had remembered to shut the windows.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sand was one of the things I always disliked when it came to cleaning. You never can get all of it!! Good luck.

AML