Sunday, April 01, 2007

My Next Trip.....

Okay, so I've kept you waiting long enough and now that the next trip is here (we leave this week!), I feel as though I should inform you of where we are going......

But first, just to let you know, we means Alex (my roommate) and I. Just wanted to clear that up!

It was a tough decision in the end. The prices for Cyprus skyrocketed recently and a couple of alternative options came up at the last minute. We almost went to Malta, an couple of islands south of Italy, but we couldn't get the deal we wanted on the airfare. It was around $200 more than I wanted to spend.
There were even thoughts of India, since I managed to find flights for around $600 from Cairo. However here the problem was that the hotels are super expensive and I just don't quite trust and Indian hostel for some reason.....

So we will be leaving for Jordan on Thursday morning. I would like to tell you what time, but of course we haven't purchased the bus tickets yet. The goal is to bus from Cairo to Nuwieba (where we've been, if you recall from some posts back in October). From there we will take a ferry to Aqaba, a resort town in SW Jordan, right on the Red Sea. Once in Aqaba, we'll have to find a minibus that will take us the remaining 2 hours to Wadi Musa and ultimately Petra.

For those of you that may not know, Petra is an ancient city built around 3 BC. You should definitely Google it.

After spending two days in Petra, we're going to ferry back into Egypt and head down to the resort town of Sharm el Sheik. I've been told that the snorkel sites there are better than the Great Barrier Reef, and since I've done the latter, I'll let you know.

The current plan is to spend a few days in Sharm and then Bus back to Cairo (or possibly catch a ride with some of the other Nefertari staff members that will be in town) by next Monday or Tuesday. We'll see.

God Bless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I googled it and saw some amazing pictures. I didn't get to read everything, but it sounds like you should have a good time and get some really nice pictures. Enjoy every minute.

AML

Anonymous said...

The trip sounds great. Can't wait to hear about it. Have fun.