Saturday, April 01, 2006

G'day G'day

How is life where ever you are? Things in Oz are hot. It's supposed to be around 28 today, although I'm not sure if it got past that or not. I'm sitting on the deck, procrastinating as usual. This week has been some what of a blur, especially since I've really started getting into things at school. They've started giving me things to do, which keeps me pretty busy (as you could guess). We have a Harmony Day play this week that I have to come up with decorating ideas for and I have to type up and complete some science experiments for our Antarctica unit that starts next term (after Easter).

The kids are finally starting to accept me as an authority figure in the classroom. Most of them did in the first place but I'm finally getting through to one or two of them that were struggling. Hopefully we can keep working on it.

I've got my Easter Break plans lined up. I'm heading to the Whitsundays to check out the Great Barrier Reef. It should be fun. I'll be up there for around 4 days.

I also saw an interesting movie last night. I went to V is for Vendetta at the CBD. It was a pretty good movie. It started out and finished as a movie about challenging a strict government, which I liked. However in the middle it came to the revenge part (which took the whole--question everything feel out of the movie). Fortunately the end dealt with challenging the man, so overall I enjoyed it.

Just livin' the dream.

Bill

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are going up to Whitsundays. It should be an awsome trip. Be sure to take lots of pictures to share. It's also great things are working out in school. It will probably be hard to leave some of the kids in May. Enjoy all of it.

AML

Anonymous said...

yo yo yo bill!
wee hoo have fun on your Easter trip. sounds exciting :)

one thing - i also saw V is for Vendetta - and....well, i thought it tanked! :) ehehhe...
i guess i didn't feel like fighting with the man, because, you know...the man may have started out well-intentioned...and..i just couldn't reconcile some of the supposedly "subversive" political themes (not to mention the fact that the dude seriously looked like timothy dalton and you know it). anyway, it would be much more fun to argue with you in person. so i guess i miss you! :) hehehe.
okay, it's clearly past my bedtime.
have a sweet week and stay cool, my friend!
-jenna