Thursday, February 07, 2008

My Sudden Surprise....

So I know that I'm supposed to blog about some pups....but as I'm sitting in my class, talking to my kids about weather.....I heard this noise from the ceiling....like something was walking above us.

I looked up and saw what looked like something putting pressure down upon our tiles. Then suddenly:

CRASH!

THUMP!!

MEOW!!!

Turns out a cat was walking across our ceiling tiles, fell through one of the tiles and slammed its head on the desk, then hit the floor. It was amazing! (although I was worried that with the force of the blow to the head, I was going to have a dead cat on my hands).

Suddenly the cat jumped up and ran to the corner...attempted to jump onto our bookcase (failed attempt and fell to the floor again). Then it ran to another corner and sat on top of our shelf, attmepting to figure out how to make the 7 foot jump back up to the ceiling tiles.

Shocked (and giggling on the inside while my students lauged hysterically), I opened the classroom door and used a meter stick to guide the startled cat out of our room and it then sprinted back outside.

Only in Venezuela.

(seriously....this just happened 10 minutes ago)

(seriously)

3 comments:

emily said...

whoah! that sounds like an exciting day! I hate cats, so my first reaction was NAST. Then I laughed!

Jenna said...

Love it. Cats are so crazy.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome, I only wish you had it on video because you my friend would have a date with Bob Saget.