Saturday, April 15, 2006

Speechless.....

I arrived in Brisbane safely Friday afternoon after my 1.5 hour flight from Proserpine. I had a blast the last couple of days, although I did get a bit of a sun burn at Whitehaven Beach on Wednesday. Thursday I went out to Hardy Reef, a place 2 hours from the coast and snorkeled a little bit. It was a blast and a great experience.

None of this though can be compared to the shock I had when I went online Friday night in Streets Corner. I saw that Iowa City had been hit by a few tornados. I didn't realize how bad it was until I saw some of the pictures this afternoon. I'm completely speechless at the damage. I saw the devastated apartments on Iowa Ave and realized how close that was to where I lived. I saw the Sorority House that was on the corner of Washington and Governor and realized that was about a block from my apartment. I wonder if there was any damage at my old place? I wonder what I would have done?

I'll keep this one short. Thoughts and prayers go out to my friends in Iowa City. I know your safe and hopefully all is well.

God Bless,

Bill

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill,
If you think about it, that is the second university hit by a tornado within a year. Iowa State's wasn't near as bad though. I've looked into my crystal ball and I predict another twister, or should I say Cyclone, causing damage on the Iowa Campus come September 19th.

Mark

William Flinn said...

Mark,

Let the Trash talk begin!! That's awesome though. I was laughing like crazy in the Internet cafe. The people are looking at me funny! Is the entire ISU bball team turning pro?

Anonymous said...

The whole team going pro? Only if EA Sports counts as "pro". Free lunches if you score more than 10 points and top bunk in the bus.

Mark