Sunday, August 13, 2006

My Departure....

Well, the time has come for me to head to Africa. I've been hanging out in DM for the last two weeks and I think I'm about to lose my mind. I'm ready to get to Cairo, get adjusted and begin preparing to teach.

I've finally said just about all my good-byes as well. Tonight we had a BBQ at a park in Des Moines, to welcome Dustin back from Kenya and to see me off to Egypt. It was a ton of fun as we sat around, ate some good food (thanks to Grill Master Mike) and then, to top it all off, we played a fantastic game of 4 vs 4 Kickball. It was the Brothers Farley taking on the Old Guys. If you haven't played Kickball as an adult, I suggest that you do it because it's a ton of fun. Ultimately the Old Guys were too much, defeat the younger (and more in-shape) Farleys 28-9 (if not worse, we lost count to be honest).

Tomorrow, I head for Chicago, where I will spend the night. Then on Monday, I fly off to Egypt, arriving there on Tuesday afternoon.

This will be my last chance to post before I leave, so I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that has helped me (and put up with me) along the way and I'll post again once I get to Cairo.

God Bless,
Bill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I blame the excessive consumption of food for the loss, and el nino.