Wednesday, December 13, 2006

My Christmas Shopping....

We all know that Christmas shopping is difficult. Battling lines, trying to find everything on your list, attempting to find a parking spot within the same time zone as the mall, etc....

Now while I don't have the problems of finding a parking place, I have a few added problems that I get to throw onto this list: Attempting to break the language barrier, attempting to not get cheated on the price (if you remember, the fact that I'm not from here automatically adds to my price) and attempting to find something my friends and family will actually like. I know, piece of cake right?

Well, I have almost succeeded in finishing my list, with a little help of course. I have a friend that is helping me out by picking up some things at the Khan for me and I managed to get a few items at the mall yesterday. Now all I really have left is a trip to the AUC bookstore, a stop at Diwan and possibly one more trip to the mall, and all is finished.

Oh, and I have one week to finish. Good times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be really different being somewhere that doesn't have any decorations. And I'm sure the price hikes are not very pleasant. Just remember that your being home is all that some of us really want for Christmas. Anything else is just icing on that piece of cake. Miss ya.

AML

Anonymous said...

Just remember that some of your mom's friends are around if you need help shopping stateside.