Monday, December 18, 2006

My Hitch Theory....

Seeing as how I have a lot of time on my hands, I've started to really put some thought into a few of the many theories that I have come up with over the years. For example, one of the latest (discussed while watching a commercial for a Dubai hospital) was whether or not the Arabic world has the same stereotype for nurses that Americans do (in TV ads they have to be attractive, always).

Then after seeing a young man in a wheel chair, we wondered....do they trash talk in wheel chair basketball leagues? And if they do, is it offensive to tell someone that they have no j? (as in no jump shot--I mean, this is a logical question since it is trash talk but the opponent can't physically jump...do they do this??)

Well, during an email with my friend Jennifer (who occasionally leaves a comment) I was explaining my Hitch Theory. Now for those of you that aren't familiar with Hitch, it is a movie from 2005 staring Will Smith in which he helps guys date the women that they have always wanted to. He assists them in taking that first step and helping the women see that even though this dude isn't the most attractive guy, he still has a ton to offer and is perfect for her. Enter, the Hitch Theory.

The Hitch Theory says that if you get two people in the same room that are even remotely interested in each other (in a dating way), they will at least kiss by the end of the movie. It's a guarantee. I honestly don't think that God created anyone on the planet that can withstand sitting in a room with someone they find attractive and not do this. It's impossible. The charm of Will Smith and the message of the movie are just too much of a combination for anyone to say no to.

So the next time you want to go out with someone that you're interested in, but you just don't quite know how to break the ice...just invite them over, put Hitch in the DVD player, and the rest will all fall into place.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Bill, you and your trash talk, you and your theories.

Anonymous said...

I think your thesis is correct young Egyptwalker, and that is why you must marinate the friendship and not introduce Will Smith until a much later date...otherwise you might pull a Vance Munson.
See you soon buddy,
Mike

Jennifer VM said...

I'm still waiting to meet a breathless lovely thing who's all excited about being invited over to your place and watching Hitch. Then I will smile and make sure to follow up with her the next day to validate the authenticity of this theory.