Wednesday, December 20, 2006

My trip to the museum.....

Lately I've tried to do a lot of tourist type things before I head back to the States for a few days. While no, I still haven't touched the Pyramids, I did take a visit to the Egyptian Antiquities Museum, aka The Egyptian Museum.

To be honest, the museum is pretty big and filled with a ton of stuff, so much that it's overwhelming. There isn't any real description of the items or any info about the item. For example, we saw a fan and the little card next to it said, "This is a Palm Fan".

Really?

Other than helping out the visitor by describing most of the artifacts, the museum also doesn't allow cameras inside, something about the flash harming the artifacts. So I don't have any pictures for you from inside. Sorry.

There is also a Mummy Room that you can go into, but it costs extra and with the Christmas shopping I'm trying to fit in, I didn't have enough Pounds to pull it off. No worries, maybe next time.

No comments: