Saturday, January 06, 2007

My Freezing Ostrich....

Okay, so I put up one serious post and now it's time to put up a fun one to go with it.

Tonight I cooked ostrich. It was actually pretty good. We had two ostrich steaks and I made some mashed potatoes and gravy to go with it. Ultimately, it was pretty good and something that I will totally make again. I wonder if I can get ostrich in Iowa? Is this possible? Can anyone look into it for me?

On a side note, our apartment is freezing. The last time we checked, it's only 58 degrees in here....ALL THE TIME.

This (again) is due to the lack of insulation and the use of only cement blocks when creating this apartment. Oh, and the lack of any heating system other than the sun and the indirect sunlight that we get (the surrounding buildings block it all...it's nice).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill you are in luck. There is an ostrich farm in oskaloosa.

Angie said...

it's also fairly easy to get emu here

Anonymous said...

Does this mean you will teach me how to cook it when you come home?

AML

Say Burgin said...

hey cuz! my boss just had ostrich the other day...she offered it to me, and, well, as a veggie, i politely declined. she said it was ok.
i hope you get warmer...i suggest periodic calisthenics - jumping jacks, you know. keeps the blood flowing.
anyhooski, i can't find your email address, will you email me so that i have it? mine is saynsb@gmail.com.
mwah!