Saturday, January 06, 2007

My Intervention....

...okay, so before anyone gets worried, no, I'm not addicted to anything. I don't drink, smoke or do any of the other wonderful things that could possibly require some folks to intervene.

My intervention was entirely different. See, ever since a couple of years ago, I've struggled to get into any sort of relationship with someone. All thanks to that last relationship. It took away any sort of confidence I had. Since then, I haven't really been in a relationship (except for maybe one), due to a lack of confidence and a fear of rejection that have stood in the way....

Enter Dustin and Brad, two of my buddies that sat down with me and had a chat the night before I left (I think Sara would have chipped in, but she was pretending to sleep in the room). Leave it to two of your best friends to be bold and honest with you. They showed how much they cared and we chatted about a lot of things. Ultimately they gave me some courage and the confidence to move on get over the past. Now I feel like I'm ready to try again, with all I have.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

she will come - when the time is right God will send her to you and you will know - until then... we just have to wait

Anonymous said...

You are a very lucky young man. You have some very smart and caring friends.

AML

Anonymous said...

Yeah - what Cadi and your mom said!!! We all love you, but I know - it just isn't the same...