Thursday, January 04, 2007

My Schiphol.....

Well, I have officially arrived in Amsterdam, Schiphol Airport to be exact. I was going to take a train into the city, but it's pretty cloudy and wet outside, so it looks as though I'll be hanging around here for the next 7 hours. Sweet!

To be honest, I was a little disappointed to be heading back to Egypt. Don't get me wrong, I want to get back, see my students and finish the year on a high note. Not to mention that I have a little traveling that I would like to do.
It's just that for the first time in a long time, I actually had fun in Des Moines. Previously, I wasn't a big fan of the city. For some reason I just never fully enjoyed myself. But this time it was different. It could have been the wedding (congrats again to Dustin & Sara Miller), hanging out with friends and even making some new ones. I really didn't want to leave because I made some new friends that I would really like to get to know. But I suppose that will have to happen over email.

Well, I don't have much time on this cheap computer. I'll try to post again when I arrive in Cairo. The only thing is that I get in at 2 am, Cairo time and it's going to take me a while to get home. Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Billy!

I am so happy you made it back there okay. Take care and soak it all in...you will be home soon.

Love,

Cindy