Thursday, September 21, 2006

My breaking point....

The last week has been crazy over here. We start school on Sunday and we're starting to get everything ready to go...posters, calenders, copies, supplies....the only drawback is that we have yet to actually see our classrooms. I've been creating posters for the last few days and I was expecting to hang them up today, so that I could go on the camping trip that I've had planned for a couple of weeks. Well, today has come and gone and still, we have not been in the school. So now, instead of camping, I get to be picked up by a bus Saturday morning (normally a day off) and go to the school to get my room set up.

While normally I wouldn't write a post like this, I'm a little upset right now. I feel as though I'm being punished because someone else is running behind. I know that I should be professional and take it in stride (which I am) but it's starting to wear on me. The posters are ready. Copies, ready. Now we just have to get into the building....not ready.

On the bright side, this allows me to further prepare for the first week of school and maybe even week 2. I'm ready for Week 1, but now I can create a couple more things for the classroom (Pen Pal signs and some other stuff). I just wish I was camping....

3 comments:

Jennifer VM said...

That royally stinks--having to give up camping because other people are dingbats. Keep your chin up!

Anonymous said...

Camping is overrated anyway. Too bad though. I hope thiings straighten out for you soon. I took a picture of the first trees I have seen start to change color. I will take a few more and post them for you.
Keep up to the good work and attitude.
Later Brother,
Mike

Anonymous said...

Set backs do not break you, they only make you stronger. I know that this really stinks, and I know that you would rather be camping. But, you will feel so much better when the room is ready and the kids are there. I'm really looking forward to hearing about your wrok with them. Take care and don't lose your smile.

AML