Tuesday, September 26, 2006

My First Few Days......

Well, it's finally come and gone. We've actually started school! I didn't really think this day would come. To be honest, I thought that maybe, just maybe we would be able to delay school for the entire year. What a great year that would be!! Just planning, planning, planning....break....and then more planning. Good times.

The first day was chaos, to be honest. We were going on two different schedules at one point, the kids were excited and it was a mess. I won't even get into it, but when you only have around 30 minutes to teach, it's a little tricky to fit it all in.

Days two and three have gone much better. The students are starting to get settled in (and the teachers too). They are starting to really get a feel for my rules and expectations, which is good because the sooner this happens, the sooner we really start working. I've told them many times that my goal is to prepare them for next year, not only in the content they are learning, but in behavioral expectations too. I've heard too many stories of older students that don't listen, do pay attention and constantly do the wrong things. We'll see if I can get one or two grades to change that. But who knows, maybe they'll forget it all over the summer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really think you should stay away from the cattle prods. Maybe you can work on "the look". Anyway, I'm glad you finally get to work with the students.

AML