Wednesday, September 06, 2006

My Sad Day.....

I got home from school on Monday morning and I read the sad news...the Croc Hunter, Steve Irwin....dead. I was shocked really, I thought that of all the things that man did, how could he die from an animal attack? He's wrestled crocs, been chased by Komodo dragons and he's been bitten by numerous animals. Needless to say, I was a little upset.

For those of you that don't know, I loved the Croc Hunter. He had one of my favorite shows to ever be on TV. I remember the first episode I ever watched, he was holding a goana (a lizard) and he was bit in the hand. The goana had a hold of his hand and after a minute or two you could see blood dripping down from the mouth of the lizard. Needless to say, I thought this was awesome and I was hooked.
I've watched nearly all the episodes of his show, I had some of the tapes, I saw his feature length Docu-movie and secretly the only reason I wanted to go to Brisbane to student teach was so I could go to his zoo (which was the first thing I did).

After seeing the pictures of the flowers, cards, and visitors to his zoo, all mourning the loss of a great conservationist. This may sound cheesy, but the shot of a little boy, holding a teddy bear, looking at the flowers nearly made me cry. I'm sad to know that he's gone.

Some of you may think this is cheesy, but I really liked Steve Irwin. I loved his show and his message of conservation and protecting wildlife. I'll always remember Steve. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

God Bless

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a very sad day. I also found it all hard to believe. I caught myself trying to catch every bit of news I could. His enthusiasm was contagious. He will be truly be missed.

AML