Saturday, May 06, 2006

My Big Night......

Last night (Friday) was huge!!! I went to the Australia vs New Zealand Rugby match in Brisbane. It was awesome. To hear all the Aussies singing their national anthem at the beginning was a great sight. Then I was able to see the Kiwis do the Haka, a dance/intimidation ritual that is meant to scare their opponents, basically telling them they will be eaten. Sweet.

The game was great with Australia winning 50-12. It was awesome! It seemed like the Kiwis were only out to hurt people, not really win the game. One guy on their team kept giving out cheap shots after a tackle. I know that if it was the NBA or NHL or even MLB and you go for a cheap shot, normally a big guy on your team sends a message to the other player.....especially in NHL. But this didn't happen. I was waiting for someone to drill him or something, but no luck.

The game really changed when this guy nicknamed Shrek came in for Australia. He looks similar to Shrek and he wasn't afraid to hit someone, or run the ball right at them.

It was a great night and probably the last sporting event I'll get to see. That's okay though. I'm still trying to arrange Sydney, so we'll see what happens.

In the meantime, I'm still just....

Living the dream,

Bill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never seen a rugby match. It sounds like you really enjoyed it. I worked with a girl thats grown son (in his 20s)played it. I remember she said that she closed her eyes a lot when she went. Continue to have fun!
AML