Tuesday, May 30, 2006

My Last Post......

....well, in Australia anyways. I'm sitting at the airport, remembering what I felt like when I stepped off the plane two and a half months ago. I was hot and in awe of the tropical feel as I waited for a bus to take me to my hotel.

This time around it's a little different. I took the train to the airport this morning. Then my bag was too heavy!! So I had to switch some things around and make my carry on a little cumbersome, but other than that all is well and everything is heading back to the States.

I just wanted to thank Julia, Jude, Stuart and John for helping me out while I was here. Thanks for hanging out with me, taking me to some memorable places and for putting up with me in the classroom! I truly appreciate it.

I board my flight in about an hour. The flight to LA is a monster. I fly for roughly around 14 hours and I land 4 hours before I left!! Then I'll trudge my way through customs and around 10 am I board my flight to Chicago where Mom is waiting. After that, it's a short 5 hour drive back to Altoona!!

Good times just keep on comin'.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you again and hear more about your experiences. I think you did more in your few months than most Australians do in their lifetime!! I read your site all the time but don't have funny comments to post and you know I wouldn't want to look un-funny! We see you at the Disney picnic on Sunday.
Kandi