Tuesday, May 16, 2006

My last week.....

I have become some sort of science man in my time at Morningside. I've done more science experiments with the students than I had done in my previous 25 years of life, which comes to around 4 or 5 (?).

This fun filled trend continues today when we look at the difference between the freezing points of freshwater and saltwater. After doing the experiment with the students I have to then explain to the students why this is.

Now many of you know that I am not a man of science. If it wasn't for Andy Luse and Matt Buthel I would have failed physics and I spent most of my junior year in Chemistry playing with a salamander. Now I have to explain to my students why something happens.....thank God for the Internet.

Hope all is going well, I have to go and paint some Aboriginal art with Year 1 before the experiment this afternoon.

Good times....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Science was never one of my strong points either. But, before you BS the little angels, remember the dinosaur bones! Have fun and stay safe.
AML

William Flinn said...

Actually, looking back, the dinosaur bone incident was pretty funny. Dad pulled a good one there and it has taught me not to really BS the kids too much, or they might tell their parents!!