Thursday, May 04, 2006

It's been a while.....

I know, I know, it's been a while since my last post and I STILL haven't been able to get many pictures up for everyone. I'm sorry, I'm a slacker!

If it helps, I've been extremely busy. I've been teaching for most of the days this week and I had a visitor last weekend. Lauren Trolley, a student teacher from Iowa who is in Canberra, Australia, came up last weekend to enjoy some of the sunshine. We had a good time and we went to Noosa Heads, a national park 2 hours north of here. We also went to a Brisbane Broncos Rugby match. That was awesome!! They were even playing the Canberra Raiders, which added to the fun.
The best part of her visit was being able to spend time with another student and American who is going through the same thing. We laughed about some of the phrases we've heard and some of the things we've had to explain. Sometimes it's great to be able to use a phrase and not have to explain what it means.

This weekend should be exciting too. I'm going to see the Australia vs. New Zealand test match on Friday night with Stewart (one of my cooperating teacher's boyfriends). He's pretty cool, so that should be fun. I also need to go back down to Surfer's Paradise and see if I can get a shot glass for my uncle at the Hard Rock Cafe.

I'm also trying to plan a short trip to Sydney after I'm done in the classroom here (which is in less than 3 weeks). I found cheap airfare and a cheap hotel, I just have to check it out again and book it. Cheap is the key word, because I'm short on funds!!

I hope all is well back in IA!! I miss you all and I can't wait to see you soon!

God Bless,

Bill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are still seeing things and having fun. Cindy Johnson asked about you today. She thinks everything you are doing is amazing. I'm looking forward to hearing about everything when you get home. Please take care and stay safe.
AML